Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Aftermath...November Sweeps

I was going to write another post detailing the past week and a half in review. But then I realized something. I only need two words to sum it up. EMILY'S DEAD. You didn't even have to watch last week to know that. Even the baby paternity reveal couldn't trump that ish. In fact, the whole reveal is kinda forgettable in comparison.

So here we go, another Quartermaine bites the dust. And then there were 3. The only good thing about the Quartermaines dropping like flies is the fact that Ned comes to visit for their funerals. And while it is great to see him, it's not enough reason to kill off almost an entire family.

Wait, another good thing. Tyler Christopher rocked the house (or shall I say, the Wyndermere) in Em's death scenes. Emmy committe take not, if he is not at least nominated, them you suck more than I thought. And I got misty-eyed watching Edward talk to Skye. Another great was Laura Wright, who played Carly quite appropriatley during the scene. I'm sure you all know that Carly and Emily's relationship was tolerance, at best. Carly stayed in the background and subtly showed emotion, until she pulled Jason into a hug. Then when she realized her own mortality (which actually surprised me), she clung to Jax for dear life.

So, anyway, sorry this post isn't very snarky, but I'm pissed that TPTB are spitting in the face of legacy, yet again. And, no, don't expect this to be the last child of a legacy character that dies. I'm not going to spoil it for the people who don't know, but there is another to come. Even the children of legacy characters aren't safe! Unless your LuLu, of course.

No comments: